Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't find iphoto on my new mac book pro. MacOS Sierra…

Customer Question
I can't find iphoto...

I can't find iphoto on my new mac book pro

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, just started looking for it to make some albums

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
how long should it take to get an answer?
12/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Sheri, Mac Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Mac Support Specialist

Hi JACUSTOMER-aok9t06f,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with your question. I understand you have a new MacBook Pro and can't find iphoto.

• On newer Macs, the photo program is called Photos.
  • On April 8, 2015, Apple released OS X Yosemite 10.10.3, which includes the new Photos app. iPhoto and Aperture were discontinued and removed from the Mac App Store.

Below, I have included a couple of links for articles that talk about the features of the Photos app, as well as the new operating system, High Sierra. I hope you find them interesting and helpful:

https://www.imore.com/photos-mac

https://www.imore.com/macos-sierra

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Mac Support Specialist