Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My mini ipad will not stay on over 2 minutes before it signs…

Customer Question
My mini ipad will...

My mini ipad will not stay on over 2 minutes before it signs off and I have to restart it numerous times what do I do

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Don't know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Started doing this on Monday I have shutting it down and restarting it after a few minutes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am computer illerate so have patience

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Try forcing a reboot to reset the iPad Mini:

Press and hold both of the "Sleep" and "Home" buttons at the same time for 10 seconds until Apple logo appears on screen.

Then start it up again.

Let me know if that helps?

Did not work

What is showing on the screen?

All my apps show up on the main screen but when I open one of the apps and start using it is when it stays on for a minute or two then it signs off
Will this be a one time charge

Yes it is a one time charge.