Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Purchased new IPhone 8 1 week ago .Opted for finger

Customer Question
Purchased new IPhone 8...

Purchased new IPhone 8 1 week ago .Opted for finger recognition only , all working till yesterday . phone has locked itself . Asking for pass code . to my knowledge I did not enter pass code . I am technically handicapped to say the leats . I am thinking it has occurred when trying to get emails to my phone . I made a mess of that but my phone continued to operate normally until yesterday . Went to Telstra and they suggest I connect to iTunes . tried to not too sure it worked . Obviously I cant use my phone except for incoming calls .Can you please help . I live 20kms from town and my phone is my only communication .Thankyou

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

To my knowledge I never had a password ***** ID

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Sorry didn't know one existed

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of ....Just one question that may help you to help me ,,,,, when trying to arrange my email to my phone , (and as I said I am not too good with technology} I was sent 9 Apple ID codes each of 6 numerals , I still have those codes , does that help you ???

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

no

I could see that you have requested a Secure Remote Assistance, but payment was failed. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support to resolve this issue.