Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I got a new iPad and I am not able to activate my iPad as my…

Customer Question
I got a new...

I got a new iPad and I am not able to activate my iPad as my phone number has changed.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not sure.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Thank you, ***** *****

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Can you sign in to appleid.apple.com?

All I want to do is change my phone # on my account. It still have my initial phone#, which I have since terminated. In need of my current phone # on my account, due to the double authorization used. A code is sent to the phone # on account to enter for the 2nd authorization code; however, my old phone number keep showing up. Had ask that the contact # on my account be changed months ago when I had a problem with my first iPad.Please help me.

You have to be able to sign in to appleid.apple.com to change the number. If you cannot you can try resetting the password ***** iforgot.apple.com

It is the only way.

What is the $5 & $35 charge on my charge card?????? Please explain!!!!
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago

$5 for the initial question regardless of outcome and a $35 hold incase you accept the answer. If you do not accept the answer the $35 is returned to you.

Could not get in to change my phone #.

Have you tried reseting your password ***** iforgot.apple.com?