Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iMac computer which is running "High Sierra". I've…

Customer Question
Greeting ~ I have...

Greeting ~ I have an iMac computer which is running "High Sierra". I've just installed the latest version of Skype which doesn't work properly. Every time I try to call out, I receive the following message: "Your connection is too weak, please try again later". I've already checked with Verizon, my carrier, and they report that my router, and all associated equipment is normal. This problem began immediately with your new "upgrade". So, what can be done so that I CAN use this new "upgrade" WITHOUT a connection issue? Clarence Taylor

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Skype?

Today roughly 20 minutes ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there anyway possible that this conversation may be carried on by telephone if I supply you with my number?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

How is your wireless connectivity?

My connectivity is fine. My carrier is Verizon, and when I received this message, after several attempts to use Skype, I called them, whereupon they performed a system diagnostic on my router's connection(s). They said that everything was working optimally, and that whatever the Skype "connection" issue was, it wasn't with them. Again, this problem began IMMEDIATELY after the installation of the new Skype "upgrade". I've called Apple for help, which they supplied by re-installing the new "upgrade", but the same connection message was received when I tried to use it immediately after their re-installation efforts. So my question is: if the connection "bug" in this Skype "upgrade" cannot be fixed, is there some, safe way to roll back the system to the previous version of Skype that had NO issues whatsoever?
Before I'd send MORE money, and consent to such a connection, I'd like to know how you propose to fix this connection issue.

Lets start here: LINK

Follow that guide to uninstall Skype and Reinstall Skype

I'm writing to tell you that my Skype issue has been COMPLETELY RESOLVED with the help of Apple's advisors, and a "Screen Share" talk-through. The new Skype upgrade now works PERFECTLY on my iMac so that I'll not require your further assistance with the matter. Many Thanks for such time as you've given to this issue, and it's my respectful hope that I never have to speak to you again. Most cordially, C.Taylor

Cheers!