Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I lost my phone. It is an iPhone 7. It was not turned on. I…

Customer Question
I lost my phone...

I lost my phone. It is an iPhone 7. It was not turned on. I did the drill online with compass. It shows it here at my house, but then it says yhe device is my MacBook.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It has a 4 digit code and finger print feature to open it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 8 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

You can have iPad's, Macs and iPhone's registered with Find My iPhone turned on so you can locate your devices. Your iPhone will not send a location if not turned on to register one.

A remote session would not be necessary for this situation.

To avoid a third party intercepting your info, I can give you alternate email address and landline number. Pls advise.

Since you had Find My iPhone turned on that enables Activation Lock. Meaning if someone finds it they would not be able to reset the phone and use it without knowing the Apple ID password ***** it basically becomes a paper weight.

It is very possible no one might have not recovered your phone since no location has been registered means probably means the battery has died.

I understand this maybe not the exact answer you were looking for but do to the circumstances. The correct answer/information I can provide you. If you have any further questions or need further assistance please reply back to me.

Thank you, Cris

Battery was fully charged to 100% and phone was not on.
Should I call AT&T and cancel my service yet, or will that prevent you from accessing the device?

I cannot access the device. Either could Apple or AT&T.

You can call AT&T to suspend service on the line and reported lost. But if you do that then there will be no chance of maybe finding it through Find My iPhone. When a phone is lost not sure what the case is if someone found it and turned it off but it cannot be tracked if it is not on and mobile service is working to pinpoint a location.