Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Why is my Ipad password no longer working? Yes, I have tried…

Customer Question
Why is my Ipad...

Why is my Ipad password ***** longer working? Yes, I have tried again and again and am locked out.It is the right password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Maybe six months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. never heard of it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Only HELP1

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
12/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Is it the passcode to unlock the iPad or your AppleID password?

to unlock the I pad

Unfortunately, if the passcode was entered incorrectly too many times, we will need to reset the iPad.

Do you have a mac or PC we can use to do that?

That is the current Visa account. Your error not mine

Your cardholder may have blocked the charge, since one would have just went through from JustAnswer also.

I assume you do have a mac or PC we can use then?

Great. We can try to get this working without the remote access. Do you have iTunes installed on your computer?

Are you trying?
are you trying?

Am I trying what?

And please open iTunes.

Next, please follow these steps:

1. Power off your iPad
    1. You can do this by holding the power/lock button until you see a red power off slider at the top of your screen. Once it appears, slide it to the right.
  2. Next, connect the USB end of your iPad charger to your computer
  3. While holding the home button on the iPad, connect the other end to the iPad
  4. Continue holding the home button until you see the iTunes logo on the iPad screen
    1. The apple logo will appear first, when it does, keep holding the home button until you see the iTunes logo
  5. On your computer, click on "Update and Restore"

Does this work?

where is the power lock button/
where is the power lock button?

It will either be on the top or on the side.

The home button is the one on the bottom center of the screen.

Still with me?

John Lohr
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer