Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

10.12 on a 27" iMac does not allow iPhoto, Google Earth etc…

10.12 on a...

10.12 on a 27" iMac does not allow iPhoto, Google Earth etc to open because " no window open".

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

10.12

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

This is very recent, since yesterday. I have tried restart, shutting down and disconnecting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Cannot hink of anything, thank you

12/15/2017
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Have you tried restarting the computer?

restart, also disconnect all devices, shut down, disconnect power for 30 minutes

Are there any other affected apps?

Safari, iTunes don't work, but Photos, Lightroom, Firefox do.

Photos should work. iPhoto is unlikely not going to work because Photos is its replacement.

I don't think that 's the answer. Iphoto has worked for twelve months, and Safari, iTunes, google earth worked until yesterday but do not open any longer. The message is "no window open" which should give you a clue on how to fix it.

Did you do an update?

I just updated, which was for Safari and iTunes and took about 20 minutes. iPhoto, Safari and iTunes are now opening. Thank you.

Perfect! Cheers!

If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius