Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an old Mac Book Pro and tried installing your new…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Mac Book Pro and tried installing your new Sierra. My computer has completely frozen with a greg circle in the middle with a line through it. I restarted the computer just to get the same blank screen with the grey circle and the line through it!!

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Force Quit on your frozen MacBook Pro (pressing and holding Option, Command, and Escape)?

Yes and nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I had this computer fixed about a month ago at th apple store for around $500.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 8 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Lets start here. Preform this and let me know the result.

Here’s how to reset your PRAM:

1. Shut down your machine. Yes, all the way down, not sleep or logging out.
  2. Press the power button and then press command-option-p-r. You have to make sure you get those keys pressed before the gray screen comes up or it won’t work.
  3. Hold those keys down until your Mac reboots again and you here the startup chime.
  4. Let go of the keys and let your Mac reboot normally.