Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Forbidden sign on grey screen after starting up my mac book…

Customer Question
Forbidden sign on white...

Forbidden sign on white grey screen after starting up my mac book pro

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook Pro (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

Restarting all the time when I do this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

None helps

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Have you done this?

Here’s how to reset your PRAM:

1. Shut down your machine. Yes, all the way down, not sleep or logging out.
  2. Press the power button and then press command-option-p-r. You have to make sure you get those keys pressed before the gray screen comes up or it won’t work.
  3. Hold those keys down until your Mac reboots again and you here the startup chime.
  4. Let go of the keys and let your Mac reboot normally.