Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I forgot my password and need another one. I have never

Customer Question
I forgot my password...

I forgot my password ***** need another one.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have never changed it since I got it.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
12/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

I'm sorry but what is an apple ID?

Your Apple ID is normally your email address which is associated with apple.

Please cancel this request. I thought I had already paid $40 and I'm not paying another $39. All I need was to reset my Apple iphone password. I was unaware that it would cost anything.

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.

I don't understand why it takes so long to just get a new password. My friends have told me that it was so easy...just call Apple and they will rest a password.
Correction "reset."

No worries, I am one expert from the Justanswer. I will try my best to resolve this issue. Could you provide me the apple ID/ Apple username? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

please opted out

I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over.

Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is***** will further assist you if you would like to continue.

First, i will explain. Your apple id is your email that you are using for your apple id to log into things like itunes, iphones etc.

This must be done by resetting online. Getting in will depend on what back up methods you put in place. If you have a phone number

attached, a back up email we can send the link too, etc.

What type of device do you normally use your email/apple id on?

I use an MAC computer for my email. And, my Apple id is***@******.***

Ok, try this for me please. You will need to reset that password *****

Getting in will depend on how you set up your apple id recovery:
https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin
Go to your Apple ID account page and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.
Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
Choose how to reset your password:
To answer your security questions, select "Answer security questions" and follow the rest of the steps.
To get email instead, select "Get an email." To reset your password, use the email that we send to your primary or rescue email address. Didn't get the email?
If asked for a Recovery Key, use the steps for two-factor authentication or two-step verification instead.

Try those steps to recover the password ***** let me know the results. If we need further instructions, just let me know either way.

We will try another way.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Did you still need help with this issue?

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin