Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just used the migration assistant to share data from my…

Customer Question
Hello - I just...

Hello - I just used the migration assistant to share data from my IMac to my Macbook Air. It seemed to go through successfully, but I can't find any of the 'transferred' data on my Macbook now. Can you help? Thanks, Kevin

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

OSX

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

I just tried it for the first time, since there's a folder on my IMac that I use for business, that I wanted to share with my new Macbook. Again, I went through all the steps and it seemed to be successful, but again, I can't find any of the new date on the Macbook.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No - that's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 8 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

It should be in the accounts that it was in before. Is it not there?