Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When i changed my Apple ID for my ipad and phone it seems…

Customer Question
When i changed my...

When i changed my Apple ID for my ipad and phone it seems that i lost my old email and wih it all my old emails and contacts and i want most of them back. Not to mention i have people sending messages to that old email. How can i get it back

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Changed on my phone 2 weeks ago but i didn’t have my email on my phone but yesterday on my I pad. It is my iPad that had my e mail account

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No where is this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That is all i can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Perhaps what you need is to change your Apple ID's email address back to the old email address? If so, that may be done through this process:

Go to

appleid.apple.com
Log in, with your account credentials.
If asked, verify your identity after logging in.
Click or tap on Edit, under the Account section.
Click or tap on Change Email Address... under Apple ID.
And proceed from there, to enter the email address as prompted, according to the prompts...

On the other hand, perhaps the problem is, that you do not have access to the old email address? If that is the problem instead, please let me know what is at the right side of the '@' sign in your email address, and I will advise you as to what to do to try to recover access to that sort of email address.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.