Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My granddaughter has a Apple MacAir that is 18 months old…

Customer Question
My granddaughter has a...

My granddaughter has a Apple MacAir that is 18 months old and it constantly freezes and doesn't allow her to access anything

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't think she has

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

You are asking someone who knows nothing about computers. Several months ago we went to the Apple store at Ala Moana Shopping Mall and they look at it and she was able to use it but in the past few days it just freezes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I did not know you could go online to Apple and do anythign

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. Allow me a moment to review your question

OK
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

If you go to the apple menu by clicking on the apple at the top of the screen, then select about this mac.

How much memory does it show and also what is the processor?

Your asking someone who knows nothing about computers. the computer is frozen how would I know your questions?
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Sorry I had no indication it was frozen at this very moment in time.

If the screen is frozen right now, hold the power button down until the screen goes off and let me know if that works to turn it off

Michael,
I think it is best for my granddaughter to contact you or this service when I see her this afternoon. Yes, it does turn off when I hit the power source and I can get it to come back on but it asks for the password ***** I enter but than nothing happens
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Ok no problem, I completely understand. Please get her to use this same question thread when she is available later and we can continue. I will get a notification

Thankyou

Thanks.
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

welcome..