Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My company has three websites but I cannot get into any of…

Customer Question
Hi. My company has...

Hi. My company has three websites but I cannot get into any of them on my MacBook Air. I keep getting a 403 FORBIDDEN... error message. I typically use Safari so I started by clearing the Safari cache. That did nothing so I cleaned Firefox and Chrome also (which I rarely use). I haven't had trouble reaching ANY OTHER WEBSITE! It makes no sense to me, but I'm not very technical. Can you help? Please? I don't know what to do and I need to access our sites as we are about to have them redone. Thank you! *****: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I can't remember, but it hasn't been more then 6-8 months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

What is that? (so, no)

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that it is only three urls that I'm having trouble with... no others. It's these three: hcstherapy.com absolutions.com gotoimed.com I'm at a loss...

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
12/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. In most cases this error message is a web server issue and not a problem on your end. I was able to get to all the sites except for absolutions.com . Are you the webmaster of these sites?

I'm not the webmaster and there really isn't one anymore. I can't get into any of them. But I don't have trouble getting into any other site on the Internet! What is the problem? And what do I do?

This is probably a temporary outage which on your web hosts end, these are the people who host your websites. Do you know what company hosts your websites?

In the mean time try hard refreshing the pages this will force your browser to load the freshest version of the page, to do this press command shift and R all at the same time to force a reload of the site. But it will be helpful to know who your web host is.

I'm not paying more money. Are you able to help me or not? If not, I will cancel my payment.
This is feeling like a scam. I report scams to the Attorney General's office

It is not a scam and I am trying to help you. I have already told you that the error is not on your end but rather with the web host. Do you know who hosts your websites?

Try hard refreshing pages doesn't sound like expert advice to me. I'm not letting a complete stranger have access to my system so tell me what to do

That is an optional offer, you can disregard that, we can chat right here. To hard refresh a page hold down the command button the shift button and press R.

I think GoDaddy hosts one of the sites. I'll have to find out about the other one. Why are other people able to access these sites, not me?
where should I be when I try refreshing the page? On the error message?

Most likely because you tried to load the sites when they were down and showing the 403 error. Your web browser then caches that error page when you go back. That is why you need to hard refresh them a couple times to fetch a fresh version of the page.

Yes on the error message hold down ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift key and then press R.

also, other people are able to access those three sites. I'm so frustrated.

You may need to do the hard refresh a couple times.

hard refresh WHAT? Where do I need to be when I hard refresh?

When you go to http://hcstherapy.com/ for example, if you see an error page then hold down ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift key and then press R, try that a couple times.

that does nothing

You may need to try a couple of times, 5 or more. Also if you have another web browser on the computer try going to the site in that.

I've tried Sarari, Firefox and Chrome. Same result. YET, everyone else can get in.

Then one of two things are wrong. Either the website is down for some users but not all, or you need to delete your cache on your web browsers.

I have cleared the caches on all the browsers multiple times so that's not it. How can a website be down for some users but not all?! I've never heard of such a thing. I really don't feel like this is helping. You are guessing, and not giving me anything new to try.

I am going to opt out and let someone else assist you. You will receive an email when someone else would like to work with you on this.

thank you. I don't want to be charged.
Mike, Mac Medic