Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

One of my word documents on my computer says i do not have…

Customer Question
Hi, one of my...

Hi, one of my word documents on my computer says i do not have access to it and it will not let me open it?

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Have you rearranged your file folders recently?

No I have not. Yes i am getting an error message when I try to open it

Technician's Assistant: What does your screen look like when you try to open Word?

It pops up with "Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges" i have it saved on the desktop on in my documents along with many other documents and all of them open up just fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope thats it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
12/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 5 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is it only this one document with the issue?

And which version of windows or mac are you using?

Please let me know

the only document. I am using a mac version 10.13.1

Thanks

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Ok

Thank you

Richard, Apple Software Engineer