Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I did account recovery for my sons iPod touch as I sold it…

Customer Question
I did account recovery...

I did account recovery for my sons iPod touch as I sold it to my friend but forgot the password ***** the passcode on the iPod. So I waited 21 days for account recovery and received a sms saying it’s ready to be recovered and go to apple.com/recover to get started. During

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Sorry hadn’t finished... lol that was

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

The only way I could reset it was to do account recovery

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Which I did but now am getting told my phone number can’t be used to reset it so ican unlink the iPod device Thankyou

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Sorry it is not clear but what exactly happens now when you try to recover the account?

please let me know

Hi Richard, it asks if I want to reset it from my trusted device or trusted number I choose my trusted phone number which I enter then says it will send me a verification code which it does then I enter it and tells me it cant reset it
I’m just trying to do it again from my iPad on safari

ok, when it sends it you should get a text message with a code, do you get this?

But no luck. My friend is saying all that comes up on the iPod is enter Apple ID and password. We went through all this ages ago and patiently waited for 21 days for account recovery process and it’s still not working...

when it sends it you should get a text message with a code, do you get this?

I have got the code a few times as I’ve tried it a few times. Even from my iPad in the find my iPhone setion

What is the email address you use?