Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Have a new Apple TV. Earlier today I was searching songs on…

Customer Question
Have a new Apple...

Have a new Apple TV. Earlier today I was searching songs on music and while playing a song I could hit menu button and search for another one to play next. Now tonight when I hit the menu button, the screen goes black for a few seconds and the sound goes away. Any thoughts

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Apple TV?

Yes hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the Apple TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please