Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I keep getting ads all the time. They pop up constantly all…

Customer Question
I keep getting ads...

I keep getting ads all the time. They pop up constantly all day. I had something on Amazon originally saying I'd won something. I started to fill it out and then quit the app. never completing info but ever since I'm plagued with ads.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

It is in my regular work program that ads pop up. not sure which software you're referring to

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Nothing just xing out of the ad

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
12/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. It sounds like you have been infected with malware. Do you have a malware scanner you can run to remove it?

My apologies, but I didn't realize you were on a Mac. I will need to opt out to let a Mac expert assist you. Good luck!

Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Don't worry this happens to all of us. Usually you would jut need to use a malware app to scan your computer and clear out your internet browser such as safari, chrome, firefox, which ever you use. I can either connect to your mac remotely and check for unwanted apps and pop-ups to clean up your system just let me know.

Did you still need help? Please let me know at your earliest convenience .

Mike, Mac Medic