Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot get the apple ID, and password to stick. I had the…

Customer Question
I cannot get the...

I cannot get the apple ID, and password ***** stick. I had the "tech" at t mobile try 3 times and apparently is not authoiized. I can't get apps or much.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Can you help get my PHONE TO tak my inf.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Since the day I bought it!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It Is a iphone plus 7

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
12/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Is the iphone showing the apple id that it would like the password *****? When you say "I cannot get the apple ID, and password ***** stick", I am not sure if that means there is a previous users apple id stuck on the iphone or if you are just trying to enter your apple id and password ***** its just not working.

If its your apple id only that is not working then you can go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then once you have your password ***** you can try and sign in on the iphone. If it does not work right away on the iphone, restart your iphone and make sure you are connected to your wifi and try again.

If the ipad is showing someone elses apple ID and password, then there is no way to bypass this due to apples hardcore security. The only way would be to contact the previous owner and have them provide you the apple id and password ***** or

If the previous owner isn't present, contact them and ask them to follow these steps:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. If necessary, click Erase [device].
  6. Click Remove from Account.

After the previous owner removes the device from their account, turn off the device and then turn it back on to begin the setup process.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast