Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I forgot my password to get into my Ipad. December 2016 when…

Customer Question
I forgot my password...

I forgot my password ***** get into my Ipad.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

December 2016 when I was given this Ipad for Christmas

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, I do not know how to do that.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your password. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Please let me know when you are ready to begin and i will walk you through the steps depending on what device you will be using

to reset the password.

I am ready.

Ok, this is what i need you to follow to change that password:

Getting in will depend on how you set up your apple id recovery:

Go to your Apple ID account page and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin
Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
Choose how to reset your password:
To answer your security questions, select "Answer security questions" and follow the rest of the steps.
To get email instead, select "Get an email." To reset your password, use the email that we send to your primary or rescue email address. Didn't get the email?
If asked for a Recovery Key, use the steps for two-factor authentication or two-step verification instead.

Try those steps to recover the password ***** let me know the results. If we need further instructions, just let me know either way.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago

Did you still need help with this issue?

I was able to reset my password ***** though it is weak. Know it says that my IPad is disabled nad I need to go into itunes.
Ok. I will be in tomorrow to help you with this. You can usually unlock just your password ***** verifying it online again. Unless it says device disabled