Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I purchased an USB SuperDrive from my local Best Buy

I purchased an USB...

I purchased an USB SuperDrive from my local Best Buy (convenient). I bought it because my MacBook Pro does not have a slot for CD's and theUSB SuperDrive is to be the external devise to play CDs or DVDs. I have a CD of family history photos sent to me by a cousin. I attached the device to my MacBookPro and inserted the CD. I heard the motion inside the device but there was no icon on my computer screen. The CD self ejected. What do I do now? I have no evidence of what was on the CD, no evidence that the device is attached?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook Pro (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

No, but I'll try one of those.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I think my questeions about this operation is enough help at themoment. Thanks

12/14/2017
Mike, Mac Medic

Welcome to justanswer.com a fee based Answer site. My name is ***** ***** verified Mac Expert not affiliated with Apple. Please reply to continue.

What application did your cousin use to put them on the disk?

Do you still need help or not?

I gave up on the situation and will get backbto it another time. The exerience was difficult. I do not want to switch to a Secure Remote Assistance for $39. I regret that there are already charges to my Visa account f of at least $40 and the problem was not solved. Thank you for inquiring.

I did not ask you to do that it's utomatic I could have helped you without remote assistance. Good luck

Mike, Mac Medic