Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a I Pad mini that has been "locked". I don't remember…

Customer Question
I have a I...

I have a I Pad mini that has been "locked". I don't remember my pass codes and want to do a "hard reset" so that I can give it to my husband. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

When I was setting it up 2 to 3 years ago. Have tried many different times but to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

The set of security questions don't match any thing that rings any bells.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just hate the fact that this I Pad is in perfect condition only because it can't be used.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPad in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPad which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPad.