Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I was on my computer and my phone was hooked up to it. I…

Customer Question
Hi! So I was...

Hi! So I was on my computer and my phone was hooked up to it. I believe that the iTunes on my computer was starting to download a new version and I accidentally unplugged my iPhone 6S from the computer. Now its frozen on the loading screen (the one you get when downloading a new version. White with the apple sigh in the middle). The bar has made no progress for a couple of hours now. I've tried plugging it back in, forcing the phone to turn off (it just stayed on the screen no matter how long I held the power button), and taking my sim card out and putting it back in again. I was going to see if I can hold out until it runs out of battery so that it can restart, but that takes such a long time and I have many things that I need to do while using my phone. Is there a better way to do this?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your iTunes?

I'm not sure. The update that I was in the middle of has been trying to happen for a couple of days now (about a week) and I just never got around to it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Sounds like you interrupted during the updated. Hold down Home and Power buttons at same time until it goes off and shows Apple logo. This will soft reset it. If it doesn't boot or shows USB cable pointing to iTunes logo, then just plug it back to your computer and open iTunes. It will ask you to update it or restore it. Choose Update and do that. Let it complete.

If it gets stuck on Apple logo or if that didn't work, then please let me know and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Hi thanks for the advice, but before you could answer I tried that and it worked. am I able to get a refund for my money?

Yes, since you didn't use this service, you can email to customer support at***@******.*** and they will refund you. I'm only a tech in here with no access to your financial info, so I can't process it myself.

Please don't rate the answer anything since you are going for the refund. Close this page without rating anything.

Best Regards,