Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a $40.00 charge from iTunes that I did not make. I…

Customer Question
I have a $40.00...

I have a $40.00 charge from iTunes that I did not make

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

I have never updated iTunes?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

I have talked to someone who said I needed to go buy a $100.00 Apple gift card to get this straightened out!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Is the $40.00 charge showing on your bank account or did you receive an email about it?

Please help remove a charge i didn’t make—$40.0

Has $40 been deducted by from bank account or credit card or did you just receive an email that says you are charged $40? I ask because there has been an email scam going around like this.

On my bank account

If you just received an email that claims you spent $40 on itunes and you know you did not then they are just trying to bait you into clicking a link in the email or calling a number to scam you further. Now if you do see the money missing from your bank account You need to go through the instructions on this page:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201382

Make sure you go through all 6 steps on the page I linked you which will resolve the issue. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.