Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't remember my apple pass word and I no longer have…

Customer Question
I can't remember my...

I can't remember my apple pass word and I no longer have access to the e-mail listed with it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't remember. It has been a long time. I left the job associated with the e-mail 4 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really - I want to add APPS and I can't without knowing my password.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
12/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

Where do I find the apple ID?
No need to connect to my phone.

Please Open the Settings app and scroll down and tap on “iCloud”. Please let me know if you find the Apple ID.

no - it shows used storage, aval storage,manage storage, total storage, available and manage storage

I think we are in the wrong place. Try for one more time.

1. Open settings
  2. Click only the iCloud option (Do not click on Storage & iCloud Usage )
  3. You will find the Apple ID.
There is no icloud option by itself. I open settings, then general, and the only choice is storge and icloud usage. I don't have an icloud option under just settings. I might have found my ID -***@******.*** See if this works
No the ID is***@******.*** - try this one.
I found it on my phone and the Biostorage one is my ID

Please give me few minute, let me check from my end.

I found out that***@******.*** is NOT a valid apple ID. The valid apple ID is***@******.***.

ok - great. How can we change the password ***** enter a new ID and e-mail address.
I found a new apple ID on my phone. - ***@******.***

Shall I go ahead and reset the password ********@******.***?

No - I no longer work there. Based on my phone it says my Apple Id is***@******.***
My e-mail address for confirmation is***@******.***

Do you have any active phone number which ends with (•••) •••-••25?

Can I have that phone number please?

You can now reset your password ***** your iPhone. A message with instructions has been sent to iPhone (iPhone 5s). Please check and let me know.

Resend the message. I tried to have it changed but it didn't recognize my name or kudo email address. I used the clinipace address instead and it reverted to where we already are. I need to change the apple ID from Clinipace to Kudo somehow then create a new password.

May I know whether you changed the password?

I don't know for certain what the password *****

Once we change the password ***** once you are able to login to the apple ID. we can edit the name.

ok - it keeps refusing my newpasswords - one minute
OK - changed password ***** now what

Perfect. Now please login to your apple account by clicking this link http://appleid.apple.com

I am now on the site and it won't let me change my ID from [email protected] to***@******.***. Do I need to use an e-mail address for my ID?

I thought we can change the Apple ID but you are facing some issue let me do quick research and I will get back to you.

I tried to use my gmail account but I don't know how to access it.
my gmail address is***@******.*** I don't know how to access it though and Apple send a confirmation code to that address to finalize the conficuration.

May I know whether your recovery email is***@******.***?

No - my recover e-mail is***@******.***, so it won't let me use is as the ID. But if I remove it I can't use face time and other phone applications. How do people set up an account who only have one e-mail address?
If you can get me access to my google e-mail we can use the google address for the ID.

Do you get any verification code? if you got that, can I have that code for resetting the gmail password?

G-872742

Can you please answer the security question you added to your account

What is your Father's middle name?

Henry

Do you remember When did you create this Google Account? Like month and year?

It said I changed the password ***** 3 months ago. Otherwise I don't know when it was created

Can I have any approximate year atleast?

2016

When I tried to reset the gmail, it is keep on looping. Are you able to login to the***@******.*** email? Please look for an 6 digit code.

203624

If you can, briefly tell us why you can’t access your account. Google will get back to you in 1-3 hours.

I can access my account info, but I don't know how to access the e-mail.
Are you still there?

Please be patience. Google will send an update to***@******.***. We usually respond within 1-3 hours. Be sure to check your spam folder in case it goes there.

Thanks - I need to sign off for now.

You are welcome.

Mike, Mac Medic