Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Just dropped I-phone in water. phone getting very hot. how…

Customer Question
Just dropped I-phone in...

Just dropped I-phone in water . phone getting very hot. how do I take the battery out

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Don't know

Technician's Assistant: Did the application come with an uninstaller, either on the installation disc or in the application's folder on your Mac?

My wife's phone. she doesn't know it's an I-6 need to get battery out

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

The best solution to do is this:

Grab a plastic bag, preferably a common zipper storage bag and fill it up with uncooked rice or alternatively, silica-gel packets. Place the iPhone in the plastic bag and make sure the device is fully immersed in the rice. Trying to turn on an iPhone after a water incident always poses a risk of damage. Make sure to keep the Iphone off. You cannot take the battery out.

----

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. Have a great rest of your day!