Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I used to be able to text from both my iPhone and iPad and…

Customer Question
I used to be...

I used to be able to text from both my iPhone and iPad and get responses on both devices. Now, if I text on the iPad I only get the answer on it and same with the iPhone. Help! How do I get them in sync again.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

IOS 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

We just returned from a trip to the Caribbean in late November. There was no problem until we landed in San Juan. I've tried to see if settings are any help but can't find any answers.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 8 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. What we have here is just a syncing issue. Do you have your ipad and iphone in front of you now?

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 8 months ago

Please sign into your ipad.

Click on settings icon

Scroll down to MESSAGES and click on it

4th option down will be SEND AND RECEIVE, click this

Make sure your iPhone phone number is ***** in both sections

YOU CAN BE REACHED BY IMESSAGE AT

AND

START NEW CONVERSATIONS FROM

This will reestablish syncing again and you will be good to go

Any problems, please let me know

Thankyou

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 8 months ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and I will be glad to help.