Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My niece activated the find my iphone and can't log in,

Customer Question
My niece activated the...

My niece activated the find my iphone and can't log in, forget my passwaord

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Don't remember

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes. Did it with my son's samsung but said will take 3 days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I need my phone? asking for activation lock

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
12/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID/iCloud ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

Can I have the active phone number which end with ‎(•••) •••-••00?

Can not make or receive calls

May I know whether this(###) ###-####number is *****?

it is

A text message with a verification code was sent to +1(###) ###-#### Can you please check and let me know the verification code.

My phone is locked out. Can't receive text. Phone is asking for an activation lock. Apple ID and password.

Is it possible to remove the SIM card from this locked phone and use it in the alternate phone so that you can get a text or receive verification code. Once it is received you can change the SIM card back to the iPhone itself. If you are not sure how the change or remove the SIM card from this iPhone, please let me know.

not sure how the change or remove the SIM card. Can you text the verification code to another iphone?

Okay, can I have that phone number please?

I am seeing this popup information when I tried to change the phone "Without your trusted phone number, it may take longer to recover your account". In this case I will be help you in changing the SIM card to the other device. If that doesn't work, I will change the recovery phone number. Is it okay for you?

no because this is a company phone. This number is ***** to me.

Okay, So let me change the recovery phone number.

The recovery phone number is ***** company's phone that was issued to me.

Now I have changed the phone number, Now please check in this(###) ###-#### Whether you got any verification number or not?

i did

Can I have the Code please?

438374

Thank you for your patience, First Click this link: http://iforgot.apple.com/ and try the following step below

1. Enter your this email ID***@******.*** and enter the captcha
  2. Click continue
  3. Enter this phone number as (***) ***-****
  4. Click on Other recovery option
  5. Click retry recovery
  6. Click on Request recovery
  7. It will show you "Verification Code A text message with a verification code was sent to +1(###) ###-#### Enter the code here"
  8. you need to skip that by clicking on "Didn’t get a verification code?"
  9. Choose an option which say "Use New Number", Click continue
  10. You will see this "Without your trusted phone number, it may take longer to recover your account"
  11. Click continue
  12. Enter your New number, as (671)(###) ###-####/strong>
  13. You will be receiving the new verification code.
  14. Once after entering the new verification code.
  15. It will ask you to enter the cerdit card information.
  16. Please let me what are the option available, Once after entering the card detail,

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

This is what i did earlier with my son"s phone. Can you unlock my phone if you securely connect to my phone?Here is the reply:
Account Recovery RequestedWhen your account is ready for recovery, a phone call with instructions will be made to.You can check the status of your request at iforgot.apple.com.Status information will be available in 3 days.

I am sorry, I tried my level best but unfortunately I am unable to give you a solution. In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

That's OK. Am I still being charged for services?

If your issue was is not resolved, You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support for refund.

Karthik
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast