Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Forgot my passcode for iphone5S. Not sure. I thought I

Customer Question
Forgot my passcode for...

Forgot my passcode for iphone5S

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not sure. I thought I entered it correctly but won't take it.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. not sure how to use this...have to go online obviously.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I don't think so! sorry

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 7 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPhone..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup