Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a Mac. I purchased a Mac Mini in late 2012. It has a…

Customer Question
I have a Mac...

I have a Mac. I purchased a Mac Mini in late 2012. It has a 2.5 GHz Intel core I five processor and 8 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3 memory. I purchased Dragon NaturallySpeaking for my Mac, version 6.0.7. The software worked well at first, but within a relatively short period of time I begin to have a number of problems. The cursor on word turned into a little spinning wheel that never seemed to stop. When I dictated, even though I had placed the cursor after a given word where I wanted to restart my dictation, when I dictated, the first word of the new dictation was inserted in the middle of the last word I had previously dictated. At first turning dragon off seemed to restore Word's functionality, but, eventually, Word begin to refuse to work all together. By the way, I'm using Mac OS sierra version 10.12.6.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Force Quit on your frozen Mac (pressing and holding Option, Command, and Escape)?

Yes, numbers of times, but the problem keeps repeating itself. I now given up on using Dragon naturally speaking all together. I'm using one of the Mike's that you recommended.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's about everything.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Word or Office are you using ?

Do you have this issue with Dragon and Word only ?