Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to set up a new iphone x and I need a

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to set up a new iphone x and I need a verification code to continue. I can't get text messages

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Do I need to reset the id via online

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a new phone that I am trying to set up. I cannot set anything up due to needing an Apple ID Verification Code. How do I get that code without having a phone that will receive text messages?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 7 months ago
Edward Dorsey

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the Experts with JustAnswer.com. How are you today? Give me a moment while I review your question and formulate some followup questions so I can hopefully assist you with an answer. Please remember to rate my answer(s) before you leave the session today, and remember it is my service to your specific question here you are rating and nothing else. In the end, if you are satisfied with my answer(s), please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top of the page. I will then receive credit for helping you. Thank you.

Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 7 months ago
  • Please follow the instructions here Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.
  • ​​If that still doesn't work for you can call Apple Support (yea they do have live phone support) at(###) ###-####for assistance. Two-factor authentication for Apple ID help is available at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915.
Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi, please rate my answer as 5 stars and click Submit at the top of the page. I will then receive credit for helping you. Thank you.