Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just upgraded my iPad and it won’t let me in without the…

Customer Question
I just upgraded my...

I just upgraded my iPad and it won’t let me in without the pass code to open it and it is locked

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

This morning

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Don’t know how

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 8 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

To remove the passcode you will need to reset the iPad through iTunes.

Turn Off your iPad if it isn't off already.

1. Press and hold down the On/Off button on the right side for 3 seconds.
  2. Swipe the slide to power off confirmation slider to the right

3. Press and hold down the Home button on your iPad.
  4. Plug your iPad into your Mac or Windows PC and make sure iTunes is running.
  5. Release the Home button when you see the Connect to iTunes screen.

6. At this point, iTunes should display an alert saying it's detected anPad in recovery mode, and will let you restore your device.

7. After the device has been restored if the iPad had Find My iPad enabled (Activation Lock). When it comes back up it will prompt you to enter the password ***** the Apple ID it was associated.

8. You will need to have access to that email address in order to reset the password. This how things work with Apple and activation lock.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.