Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to create a new account with Skype and we do not have…

Customer Question
Trying to create a...

Trying to create a new account with Skype and we do not have a smart phone to receive a text message to get started. We do have an email address

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

MacOS High Sierra v10.13.1

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Skype?

I used Skype in the last 2 weeks but MS requested a security check and after all the personal data we gave we were blocked out of our account with user name 'abacoann" and were advised that we had to start a new account. We would like to keep our original user name.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

We had a small residual credit in the original account. It would be mice if we could recover all our contacts.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Are you trying to sign in with the email address or with the username on Skype?