Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Ever since the last OS update phone keeps requesting the…

Customer Question
Ever since the last...

Ever since the last OS update phone keeps requesting the code to open phone. It keeps popping up in the operation in progress(call out or in, game or whatever) and everything is stopped and the code must be reapplied to enter the phone again. Very, very stressing. What is the problem and how to fix. Local Sprint service store has no answer except it is a bug in the upgrade. ???? Jay Rutledge, Fredericksburg, Texas

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Just after the OS upgrade to 12.?? Also for a correction, this is an i-phone 6.5 lar54ge screen.

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to sync to iTunes?

In settings I can get to auto downloads. Keep having to work through the code request to0 get there.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

This activity drains the power even when the phone is not in use or standby. Also the off/on bar will not work to turn phone to standby without fingering up and down it to get it functioning.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your iphone. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Before resorting to a backup and restore. Lets see if you can remove that update 'bug'.

Step 1: On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.

Step 2: Under Storage, select Manage Storage.

Step 3: Locate the iOS software download in the list and tap on it.

Step 4: Select Delete Update, and confirm you do want to delete it.

Of course, deleting that software update doesn’t prevent you from downloading it again when you want to. To do so, you will have to go to Settings > General > Software Update.

I am required to send a rating request when giving a first resolution. If this doesnt help, please let me know. We will move on to

other resolutions for you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Please let me know if you were able to remove that update and reboot.

There was another question you put in as a duplicate. It was shut down as we are already addressing the issue 'here'.

Please only respond to this update/response.

Can’t get past bug.

Is a Previous Backup is Available?

Hopefully, a backup was made via iTunes or iCloud before the update and the looping request.

Did you still need help with this issue?

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin