Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Well I just came back from my Local Apple Store because I…

Customer Question
Well I just came...

Well I just came back from my Local Apple Store because I had a problem with my Keyboard and Mouse.They told me they could not fix my problem due to the batteries leaked inside both pieces and they could not open them up. How can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Where do i find that information?

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your computer?

I tried to open up the battery compartment to replace the batteries, no luck

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes while at the Apple store the man took my old slide mouse and sold me a new Key board and mouse and they don't work together, HELP

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your external devices. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I am going to give you suggestions first with what to use on your mouse/keyboard. But, i do not recommend this. Any battery that leaked

inside that keyboard and mouse? Is corrosive. Also, it is not common for both items to go at the same time that way. I would advise that you do

not use that hardware anymore.

Some lemon juice/vinegar (for alkaline acid), a cotton bud/old toothbrush to clean the dried acid. If the acid has leaked inside the mouse then you may want to take it apart to see the extent of the leakage.

To do this, i need to know the exact model of your mouse and your keyboard that was damaged.

or i can try to help you get your device to recognize the new devices. It may be something as simple as a driver as to why

the devices are not recognized. I do not have enough information to determine this yet.

What is the exact make and model of all three devices? mouse/keyboard/device you are using them on?