Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Recently purchased an ipad, transferred all my files.

Customer Question
Recently purchased an ipad...

Recently purchased an ipad, transferred all my files. Everything is working except my excel spreadsheets, it appears they are all read only but I have no words that says that. All that shows up on the screen is the body of the spreadsheet. There is no task bar or any way to make any changes. No tools bar

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I believe it’s chrome - forgive my ignorance

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Since I purchased the iPad. Talked to Best Buy - they said I need to bring it to the store { I have limited access to do that and twice been disconnected from them and then they suggested I watch a video and it made no sense to me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so. I just need help

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
12/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Hi
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since I purchased the ipad

Is this on Windows or mac?

Or o the iPad/

Windows
On the iPad

So the files on the Windows computer are read-only?

The files on my iPad which were transferred from my computer are now read only

Can I connect and have a look?

I’d rather not pay any more so far ido not know anything more than I did before I started

OK can you right click on one of the files and go to properties, tell me what you see?

I see the IPad symbol in the left had column and underneath the word DONE. Then in the center I see the time 12:04 and underneath that I see my file name: 2012 Assets-Liabilities and then the task bar with my column titles

Can you try now?

Nothing has changed

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

I do not see anything that says “FAMILY AND friends” version
However I do see ID###-##-####and password ***** and the words free for personal use
This process is taking more than 2 3/4 hours
It is now 3 hrs and 10 minutes. Please forget the whole thing I am getting an Uber ride to Best Buy. Please remove all charges from my credit card.
The information on these spreadsheets is very personal

Can we arrnage a time to get the details fresh?

No I took care of my issue at Best Buy and excel in less than 10 minutes. Please remove any charges and my name from your system. I would never contact just answer again
The amount to remove is $56.00 and $5.00 from my account ending in 5177. If not removed I will contact my cc company and protest the charges
Mike, Mac Medic