Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I had an upgrade on my 5s phone and now I'm locked out

Customer Question
I had an upgrade...

I had an upgrade on my 5s phone and now I'm locked out because I don't know the password. I can unlock it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Please wait a minute

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I changed my Apple computer and I thought it was the sameI D. It was not (I am 83 years old so I need patience)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I actually do not have much time right now but I should be able to get into it. My Grandson gave me this phone and I don't know it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
12/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good morning,

After you read my initial response to you above(please do!), please use my instructions below. Since you are locked out of the phone, the only way back in is to reset the phone back to a brand-new state.

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Connect your phone to your computer and open iTunes on your computer.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it using these instructions:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I am quitting because this is not what I wanted. I just want to get into my phone.

I understand, but the only way back into your phone is to follow the instructions I posted. When you lock yourself out of the phone, you must reset to use it again.

AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric