Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can’t get phone ringer to sound. Have volume all the way up…

Customer Question
Can’t get phone ringer...

Can’t get phone ringer to sound. Have volume all the way up and in settings turned off the vibrate on rings???

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

You would ask that, bout 3 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

Going in to settings, changing rings, turning on and off vibrate. We have it on Old Phone ring.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please the model of the phone with the issue?

Thank you

Where do I find that info? Old person here!
This phone may be an Apple 5 or 6. Is there anyplace on the phone to look?
Just found out it is a 5c
Are you still there?

Thanks

Can you go to settings, general, reset, reset all settings

Once done, tell me how it then functions please

Trying that

Thank you

Still not working

When it now rings, hold the Volume UP button until it reaches the maximum

Do you then hear it ring?

Didn’t work

Did you so this as it was ringing? So while you were receiving a call?

but didn’t answer the call

If you connect headphones to the phone and receive a call, do you then hear it ring?

I think we will just go to the phone store. Goodby

But they will just have you do what I am doing here...

I ask please as I have invested time in this with you you please do the instructions I provided