Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a pair of ipad 2 devices that are working OK. I

Customer Question
I have a pair...

I have a pair of ipad 2 devices that are working OK. I recieved an ipad air 2 a few weeks ago and go it working ok, but I updated my operating system and have forgotten my icloud password. I have run itunes and have restored my air, but I cant get it going without my password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

When I updated my operating system I got a call from apple with a number to add, I failed to write it down and just added it to the pad.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I am very confused as to account settings passwords, passcodes, icloud passwords or passcodes etc.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 6 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you still recall the email account you used with the iCloud account?

Please let me know

Thank you

Thank you

And do you still have access to that gmail account for receiving emails?

I do

Good, use this link via your computer to reset the password

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Then use the new password ***** sign in on the devices.

Let me know please how you go

Thank you

are you still there?

yes, how did you go with the instructions I sent you 45 minutes ago?

I got nowhere at all! I am confused with passwords for my apple ID, passcodes for.....I do not really know, icloud, verification numbers and I have no idea at all what to do! I think I have applied to reset things but it will take a few days? really? I got another verification number and tried to mused it on a working ipad and might have messed that one up as well. If I can get this stuff working I am going Android just to keep my sanity! help!

ok, seems you missed my instructions to you, no problem, I will repeat the instructions again below

use this link via your computer to reset the password
Let me know please how you go
Thank you

since I have three ipad total, is my apple ID the same for all of them? is the password ***** the same? what is the difference between a password ***** a passcode, and the verification number? what about the passwords or passcodes for icloud? this stuff really need to be easier to understand.

It depends on how you set them up, but try first to do the instructions I gave please

I have done so, they mention using my credit card number to help get me a verification code, which I have done as well, it says that it will take 24 hours to reset my account and I still do not know the difference between passwords, passcodes and which does what where. you have my credit card number, my secure telephone number my apple id and I have received and repeated the verification code back to you and it will still need 24 hours?!? This is really ridiculous!

A passcode is for the screen lock, and a password ***** ***** your account, the password ***** ***** issue.

If they have said you need to wait 24 hours you will have. I am sorry you find this ridiculous from me but I have no control over this sorry.

what is screen lock !?
what do I need for icloud and the app store?

This is a different type of lock for your device.

You need to wait 24 hours then attempt to reset the password ***** on the link I provided you

will the same apple id and passwords work for all three ipads? I fear that the other ipads will soon ask for a password ***** I cant remember and this whole mess will begin again! if it takes 24 hours to get this one going when I have two others working then your system is designed to generate tech help profits. I have used the link you sent to me. Am I to try again in 24 hours? what will change? will I get put off again? what is the time for? why did not the link work now?

Hi there

I feel I have covered this a few times, but perhaps I am not explaining it in a way that makes sense for you

I am going to opt out of working with you on this so another expert can take over.

Thank you and all the best.

check my questions and see if you actually addressed even one of them directly. what is the verification number for? no answer. What is the difference between a password ***** a passcode? No answer. Will my apple id work for all three of my ipads? no answer. Why after I get a verification code and supply my secure telephone number and apple id and credit card number for my applications purchases can I still not reset my password? even with two other ipads that are working?
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. I would be glad to assist in any way that I can.

From what I can tell you are stuck at the activation lock on one of your iPads and cannot get past. You also are uncertain of your Apple ID password ***** have requested the password ***** be reset.

You would also like to know what a screen lock is.

If that is correct then these are the answers you are looking for:

An iPad screen lock is the code you put on an iPad to keep people out. It related to your Apple ID, but not your Apple ID password.

Your Apple ID and Password ***** not differ from device to device unless they are different accounts all together.

If you have tried to reset your password ***** iforgot.apple.com like you were told to then the account recovery process must take its course unless you know the password. It can take up to 72 hours from what I have been told by Apple.

If this is not enough information please contact Apple Care Tier 2. This is an unlisted number that I have from when I worked for Apple. It includes customer relations in which you can tell them how you feel.
(###) ###-####/p>

Please let me know if you have any other questions and please do not forget to rate my service.