Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to open a cloud account in order to back up data from…

Customer Question
I want to open...

I want to open a cloud account in order to back up data from my Windows 7 computer. How do I do it? Will I be able to download these files to my Ipad and Iphone?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Nothing has been going on with my iPad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Its not a Mac but Windows computer

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello there you can install the iCloud app on your W7 computer and sync a few items (see attached photo)

If you want to back up major data then you should look at a professional cloud backup service such as Acronis

Bear in mind that backing up to the cloud can take a lot of time depending on your upload Internet connection. Also the data costs must be taken into account.

It's best to back up locally to a plug in drive. If mission critical stuff you should back up to two pieces of equipment and keep one off site. Bear in mind that the age of your back up will be when you last backed up so if this is business stuff, you should back up on a daily basis.