Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a iphone 8plus its stuck on the lockscreen and there…

Customer Question
Hi so I have...

Hi so I have a iphone 8plus its stuck on the lockscreen and there is a notification at the top and I cant unlock it, make calls, take pictures , turn it off or anyththing i need help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Two weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Its not an apple issue its a phone issue

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Its a phone issue not a mac issue

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer
Hello, thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help.
So your iPhone is unresponsive on the lock screen, is that correct?
Correct. Unable to shut it down either. Sorry it took so long to respond. The store was closing and I had to leave
No problem!
Let’s try a force restart. It’s a bit different on the iPhone 8 than it has been in the past, so please bear with me.
Please do the following:
Press and release the volume up button
Press and release the volume down button
Press and hold the side button until the iPhone begins rebooting.
This has to be done relatively quicklyDoes this work?
To clarify, by side button I mean the power/lock button
Sorry... I was able to get it taken care of.. I tried what you suggested several times and so did the customer service rep... and it finally worked. Thank you
No problem! I am happy to help! Would you mind rating my service?

If you could, I would appreciate it if you would rate me so I may receive credit for helping you.

Thanks!