Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just want to change the display colors and I forget where…

I just want to...

I just want to change the display colors and I forget where to go? Dah!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

iphone 6s

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I just know what to change the color of the message display, etc

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, working great

12/12/2017
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I just want to confirm with you on what exactly you would like to change the color to. You mention the "Message display" but unfortunately that can mean anything. Please give me a little more detail if possible so I can better assist you.

the icon on my display is green, I changed it and I want to change it again. It also shows on various places like message alerts, phone icon on bottom of screen, facetime. etc. These are ALL icons on my screen
no just tell me, I am not an idiot!
You keeping adding money BUT NO DATA? I will file a complaint with the FTC, just answer me!
Mike, Mac Medic

The only place you can change anything related to Messages is in Settings / then go to Messages. I am also not sure by your question what you want to change exactly. Let me know.

the icon color on my screen in green and I want to darken it as my white texts are difficult to read. I know there is a place to change it - make it darker because I did it - I just forgot where it is/

So you mean the background on your texts is black and your text is white?

no the background is a pale green, the text within is white and difficult to read, I want to darken the pale green without affecting the rest of the display

Is this the built in Messages app or some other third party messaging app?

built in
have No 3rd party items

Is your phone jailbroken?

I do not know what that means
I purchased my phone from consumer cellular, it is paid for

OK then the only place to change the colors is in Settings / General / Accessibility choose Display Accommodations Then you will see Invert Colors and Color Filters you can change those .

60; thank you!!!

Great!!If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above or I don't get paid. You can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!

Please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above or I don't get paid.

Mike, Mac Medic
Mike, Mac Medic