Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I was given an updated apple id,but when signing on to

Customer Question
I was given an...

I was given an updated apple id,but when signing on to icloud it asks for thr old appleid password. how do i change to new id

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It give an old incorrect apple id. when i ask to get my id the proper one for gmail etc shows up. when i go to icloud the old one appears and i jhave no pw for it.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Can't use it because the old yahoo id appeard

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are unable to access your iCloud account because it is giving the old apple ID for which you don't have the password ***** in this case we can do the password ***** for your old apple ID and once we will be able to access the old Apple Id account we can update the new apple ID.

Please follow these steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast