Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone was updated yesterday and I was given a passcode…

Customer Question
My phone was updated...

My phone was updated yesterday and I was given a passcode which I forgot - am unable to get into my phone - please retrieve my passcode for me(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Last night

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No I haven't what do I do

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. What is the make and model number of the phone? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the Phone which will erase all the data and the passcode.

I Phone 7 but I sure do not want to loose pictures and etc
I am not paying for any more crap

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. Either the only way is to remove the passcode is through restore the phone. Restoring the iPhone will cause data loss. As you stated that you don't want to lose any data, in this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Thank you for your patience.

Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 7 months ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Is you phone backing up to the iCloud? Do you mean you just installed a software update or you took it somewhere... you should not have been given a new passcode if you just installed an update?