Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Several weeks ago there was an Apple upload and now my

Customer Question
Several weeks ago there...

Several weeks ago there was an Apple upload and now my husband and I have each other’s contact info on both our phones. How do I get them separated again by phone number?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Would I find that in Settings? I have an iPhone SE

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It’s been about 3 weeks. I haven’t tried anything. I was told it was something with the 2 of us only having one Apple ID that we share

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I am a technical Moran so please have patience☺️

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
12/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 4 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You're told right. It sounds like you both are you using same iCloud ID. If you use same iCloud ID or Apple ID, then all your info like Contacts, Calendar, Notes will be sync together. So on both iPhones, go to Settings > your name at the top > iCloud and see what ID signed there.

If you have your husband's ID there or he has your ID on his phone, then sign out and sign in back to your own Apple ID or iCloud. That will fix it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician