Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I sign onto my iPad, I don't have a wifi connection,

Customer Question
When I sign onto...

When I sign onto my iPad, I don't have a wifi connection, even though I'm in my home with my usual wifi connection. When I search for a wifi connection and hook up, it goes away in a few minutes.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

It's ios 11.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It's been going on for about 3 days. I've shut down my iPad a few times.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Like what?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are several reasons for this issue. It is possible that the router has issues, or the iPad's network configuration is corrupted or the iPad's WiFi chip is failing. First, we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot

Then go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This will not delete anything from your iPad. It just resets some settings like WiFi, bluetooth etc.

Then go to Settings tap WiFi. You will find your WiFi network there. Tap it and enter your WiFi password ***** connect.

Also, turn off the router/modem and unplug it for 2 minutes. Then plug it back and try WiFi on iPad

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.