Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an older phone that I don't remember the password for…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older phone that I don't remember the password ***** and ned to retrieve some pictures.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

On my new phone or old one?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do I do that? I can't enter my password ***** the old phone.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

OK that will work.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the old phone please?

Thank you

I believe it's a 4S

Thank you

Is this for the screen lock?

How are you going to connect to my phone. I can't log in since I don't remember my password.
No, the phone hasn't locked yet. I don't remember my password ***** it and I need to get some pictures from it.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

Which password ***** you referring to?

My log in password. I'm trying to reactivate the phone.

Ok, so for your Apple ID you mean?

I know my apple ID I need the password ***** reactivate.

yes, so you need the password ***** your Apple ID

There are many things a password ***** ***** on the phone so I am trying to know which you are referring to please

That's correct.

Thank you

Please use my link below to reset your password

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Once done, use the new password ***** your phone

Let me know please how you go

Won't this affect my current iPhone?

You would need to use the new password ***** your new phone if they both use the accounts, though when you need to activate your new phone after an update you will need to do this anyway

My current phone I've been using for a couple of years. I need to get into my old phone to retrieve some pictures. Is there another way to retrieve the pictures from my old phone?

No, you need to get the password *****

OK

thanks