Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't get into my IPad, it has an activation lock and want…

Customer Question
I can't get into...

I can't get into my IPad, it has an activation lock and want me to put in a password ***** was used to set up my IPad. I have had my IPad for years and I never got this message before I can't remember something from that time.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't remember!! I know I change the Password ***** 4 or 3 months ago but I don't know if I ever changed the ID

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do you do that???

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a cost, if so why??? I didn't do anything different that I have always done.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your password *****

I think that the password ***** would need from your setup years ago, would be your Apple ID password.

Either you recall your Apple ID - it is usually an email address! - or you do not. Once the Apple ID (if you have forgotten it) is retrieved by the process below, you may then use the Apple ID, to retrieve or reset or change your Apple ID password *****

To recover first your Apple ID, then its password ***** go to this page:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

and follow the process it recommends, to recover your Apple ID.

Then with your Apple ID, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue'.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star rating interface at the top of your JustAnswer page (cited below for your reference). A five-star rating would be appreciated!
(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)
Thanks.

http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/av3an-can-t-ipad-activation-lock-want.html