Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ipad asking for apple ID & password and I donot know it.

Customer Question
Ipad asking for apple...

Ipad asking for apple ID & password ***** I donot know it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never since original activation by y son-in-law. /device worked fine for

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Years and sudeny today is I have an activation lock. Why.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve it via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password

Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Thank you